Saturday, May 12, 2012


Adjective is a noun, and now for my next trick:
Nothing.

I’ll need a volunteer for nothing. You in the
            Blue,

What’s your name? Eunice? Come on up, Eunice.
            Gertie,

My lovely assistant will – now mind the wine
            Curtains

So graciously decorated by the stagehands of the
            101st

Local. Yes. Now, Eunice have you ever been sawn in
            Twain

Before? It’s nothing like anything you’ve ever done
            Before.

I’m sure you’re sure. Gertie will get you fitted for the
            Clasps

And manacles. Thank you, Gertie, and let’s have a hand for
            Eunice.

You will now see a woman sawn in twain. It is like
            Nothing

Else. Here she is. I pass the hoop over her and she is
            Levitating

In space. Gertie, give me my saw. See how it bends when I
            Stretch

It. Ladies and Gentlemen, I ask your silence now while I present
            Nothing.

No flash photography please, as Gertie is an
            Epileptic.

Do you feel that, Eunice? Her toes can tickle. She responds to a
            Feather.

Boys, remember that one. She sneezes at bright light. She breathes, she
            Laughs.

All in a day’s nothing. Thank you. You are too kind. Thank you for
            Buying

Tokens. You can redeem the tokens in the lobby for the
            Lottery,

For which the prize is 1/3 off your next ticket. You have been a wonderful
            Audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment