Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Pastoral High School Love Poem

Oh were you mine and were I yours,
A strong love, an eagle soars,
For all to see – the lion roars,

Oh would this happen, oh would this be,
Me your cream and you my tea,
You my lock and I your key,

This simple rhyme, this little tune,
Describes my love for you, for you.

Together we’d live in a forest glade,
Me your servant, oh you sweet maid,
With love and labor you shall be paid,

Milk and cream you would collect,
Whilst I your soldier will you protect,
From those lacking due respect,

This simple rhyme, this little tune,
Describes my love for you, for you.

You radiant maiden, all clad in white,
And I your knight, will for you fight,
All things that go bump in the night

“With what?” you say,
“A broadsword?” Nay!
With love and honor, pray,

That which makes my love so great,
Will ever give me strength and weight,
To live by you, my constant date,

This rhyme shall slay all things that say,
“Death to all and those who may,
Live for love and long to say:

‘This simple rhyme, this little tune,
Describes my love for you, for you.’”

But, alas, my love, you think me a dunce,
And would we be together once,
I know you’d see, I know you must,

Upon this poem, when it you hear,
You shall think, “Oh he’s so dear,
But it’s me he loves, and that I fear,

For so far separated now are we,
That if a couple we were to be,
The weight would be too great for me,”

But hark, my love, I assure it a’right,
For I, again, am a simple knight,
A commoner who can handle slight,

So there it is, my lonely curse,
But still I have this lyrical verse,
And with it, you, my love, my happy nurse,

For in this rhyme, with its little tune,
I have my lover, and it’s you, it’s you.

No comments:

Post a Comment